Thursday, June 17, 2010

Guess who made the world's worst eggplant parm?!?

Well, by"worst", I actually mean the saltiest. Did you know you are supposed to sweat out the extra fluid in eggplant by salting both sides of the slices and letting them rest for an hour? After that you are supposed to rinse, squeeze and dry the eggplant between paper towels.  Perhaps I failed in the "thorough" part of the  rinsing category. Perhaps I should have backed off of the garlic salt. Perhaps I should have just made something else. My baked eggplant cutlets were positively briny. EW! 

No, I will not share my recipe here. It was grody-pants. I will post my delicious, so simple, best in the world marinara sauce recipe (that you should make tons of extra to freeze) in a little while. It really is that much better than ragu, prego, five brothers. No lie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment